Code Snippets: Replaceable Flash Media
This module creates a place holder on the page where a flash file can be displayed.
- Developers may set a default flash file the way that they would normally insert flash into an HTML page during the design phase.
- Website owners can replace the current flash file any number of times - and on any page. (i.e.: each page of the site can have a different flash file on display)
- The website owner may declare a piece of flash media as sitewide, thus forcing it to appear on every page where this module is present.
Website owners are advised to order flash media from their developer via the "request support" button at the bottom of the page. Information about the "request support" button is available here.
- The default flash file must be set in the "default" attribute of the clearsite tag in order for it to appear when a new page is created on the website.
- The flash object code must appear between the clearsite tags in order for new page previews to work.
<clearsite module="flasharea" name="flashpiece1" default="flash_place_holder.swf">
<param name="movie" value="flash_place_holder.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="flash_place_holder.swf" quality="high"